• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Cold sore...in my nose?!?!

I’m married and my s/o has had oral herpes for years, caught it when they were a kid. I knew this going in, figured I’ll be careful and hey, worst case scenario I get a sore on my lip every once in awhile. 

So a few days ago I wake up to a twinge of pain...in my nose. Figured maybe my nose ring got twisted or something. Go to check and I have what’s clearly a sore in my freaking nose. Like, how?? Is that possible?? I have a couple little blisters on the outside in between my two nostrils but the big sucker is inside. Nothing on my lips, but what the heck. I’m looking for info on this but it doesn’t seem very common. Anyone else have experience with this?

Hi there and welcome! Certainly possible to get a primary outbreak around your nose, but good news is once your body builds up immunity via antibodies (6 mos to a year), you're not likely to have recurrences in the nose since HSV-1 prefers the area around the lips.

FYI, here are other related posts on these forums: https://forums.herpesopportunity.com/search/?q=nose&quick=1

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

2 hours ago, mr_hopp said:

Hi there and welcome! Certainly possible to get a primary outbreak around your nose, but good news is once your body builds up immunity via antibodies (6 mos to a year), you're not likely to have recurrences in the nose since HSV-1 prefers the area around the lips.

FYI, here are other related posts on these forums: https://forums.herpesopportunity.com/search/?q=nose&quick=1

Thanks! It seems like the main cold sore is actually inside my nose, and the stuff outside is just from me blowing my nose (after thinking something was irritating the inside). It’s quite large and painful. I’m terrified of transferring it to other parts of my body and “self inoculating”, anything I can do besides washing hands/hand sanitizing to prevent this? 

Nope, just like you say, just don't touch it and then touch other parts of your body and you'll be fine. If you're like most people, this should be the only time you have an outbreak on your nose. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: