• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I need someone someone to help me

I just found out that I have HSV1 and HSV2 and it came as a complete shock to me. I have never had blisters. The only thing that has ever showed up was cracks on my lips as if my lips were chapped. I already suffer from mental health issues and now my depression has been spiraling out of control. I have lost so much weight already. I feel like my dating life is over and I will be single forever. Does taking medication completely stop the symptoms for some people? I need help because I feel as if I do not have much to live for anymore.

It can feel pretty devastating but we will get through this. Your life is hardly over. It's just another life obstacle. I have GHSV-2 and I'm not taking Valtrex, at least not yet. Have thought about it. I have read that it significantly reduces outbreaks but doesn't eliminate OBs completely. I think it depends on the person.

• Like 1

What else do you have going on in your life?  Dating was not EVERYTHING.  Are you in school, working, playing a sport, going to the gym, etc.  I know this COVID pandemic has upended so much of all our lives, but my advice and experience is to pour yourself into those other aspects of your life that were already there before this diagnosis that maybe you neglected.  Be a better student, be a better employee, be a better brother/sister/son/daughter/friend, work out more, eat better, etc.  Over time you can even expand and take on new things to focus on and help develop yourself, get a pet, volunteer to coach or be a big brother/sister, etc.  Baby steps, got to crawl before you can walk.  But... If you focus on the dating and sex, it will eat you up.  Those parts of your life have changed, there is no denying that.  But it's not the most important part of your life, hard to realize that now and easy for me to write, I know.  But it's TRUE, I promise   Good luck.  Direct message me if you want.

• Like 1