• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes on my face?!

Wondering if mouth-genital-face transmission could be the culprit behind a mild red dotted rash around my eye.  My husband performs oral sex and kisses my face...  It’s not like pimples at all, small red dots, hardly raised.  It’s the only thing I can think of actually and am wondering if anyone has ever used Vmagic on their face.  I seem to recall hearing about eye herpes - in particular related to giving birth...  I have had out of control genetical herpes for many many years which has finally been controlled with famvir and Vmagic.  I’ve never had a cold sore.  My husband has never had any outbreaks of any sort.  I actually had such a high level of viral stress on my body that I think it caused a very serious B12 deficiency last year which is what ultimately has lead to my recovery and new found control.  The face and skin thing is new and really disheartening.  Would appreciate any advice, recommendations or support ❤️

Hi @JessJunko! For what it's worth, it doesn't sound like herpes by your description since most herpes shows up as sores and not tiny bumps. And transmitting herpes happens with direct skin-to-skin contact with the infected area, so the chances of that kind of transmission happening from genital --> mouth --> face that you describe isn't likely. Have you checked with your doctor/dermatologist? 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Yes, ocular herpes is certainly a thing, but it tends to affect folks most before they’ve developed immunity (antibodies) or who have compromised immune systems. 

• Thanks 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: