• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Im scared

My name is Brian I finally got a good job I met a girl and then tell me what she had. I feel so alone I’m 6 foot three bearded wanna meet the right woman in my life but I feel like that I am scarred. Can you please help me out. I am very tough I know I can get through this but I feel alone.

• Like 1

Hi, Brian!

Welcome to the forum. Please know you are not alone. 

To clarify, do you have HSV or does the girl? 

We are here for you! Remember, HSV is just a common virus. It's the social stigma that makes us so fearful of it. Stay strong! We are here to answer any questions you may have! 

Sending blessings your way! 🌄

-- Grace

Hi!

I am so sorry. Did she know she had it and didn't tell you? If so, that's terrible. I'm really sorry that happened. It's not your fault. 

If she didn't know she had it and passed it to you, I'm sure she feels terrible as it is. I'm really sorry that things didn't work out, and that it has left you feeling super stressed. 

First, know and believe that your life is not over. Herpes is not a cloud that has the power to ruin your life. It's a common virus, that passes very easily, and it's socially stigmatized. And this is why it breaks our hearts when we have it. But, don't let the haters get you down! You are not bad or dirty or ugly. You are good. You are pure. You are beautiful. That will never change. 

Do you have any questions I could answer about managing it or about symptoms, antivirals, etc? 

It will be okay. You are not alone. Right now, you may be feeling a lot of emotions; maybe angry, sad, confused, hopeless; maybe all of those and maybe none of them. Take the time to cry if you need. Go outside and be in nature, yell into a pillow, and/or do something kind for yourself. It will be okay. 

Stay strong! We are here for you. 🌄

Blessings, 

Grace 

You are not alone. I was just diagnosed with HSV1 a few days ago. It's definitely something you don't want to hear. I'm sorry you are going through this. I found this site and Flowerteacher55 has helped me in so many ways. I had contracted it from my partner I am most certain as he gets cold sores. He must've not realized it is still contagious when sores aren't present. I'm not mad at him. I was afraid to tell him because I didn't think he really understood that is what a cold sore stems from. I did tell him I have HSV1 and the conversation went well. I wish you the best of luck! You will find someone. There are so many people accepting of this. The more I read about it, the more I understand it all. It is very common. Most people have it and don't even know they do. Keep your head up. Things have to get better for us all. 

• Like 2

Thank you both of you. It has been hard I’ve been feeling really depressed hard to eat I’m doing the best I can. I’m tired of feeling angry and mad all the time. But both of you replied to my message and I thank you. It made me smile

• Like 2

I will definitely do my best. Thank you for flower teacher and Queenb22. Also a queenb22I’m sorry that you were diagnosed with that. I know how it feels I found out I had herpes HSV2 a week ago. If you ever need to talk to someone I’m here for you. Both of you.

You're welcome! The support on here is so amazing. Believe me, things will get easier. Don't be hard on yourself. There are celebrities and successful people that have this virus. It is very common. A lot of people have it, just maybe haven't had a breakout. Flowerteacher55 has been so helpful with everything. I was down for several days. I barely ate. I'm starting to feel like myself again. I know it will take time, but we will get there. 😊

• Like 2

I think my situation could be unique on here, but I also may not be alone. I’m married but having an affair and got infected from him. He had no idea and only had one other affair (he’s married too) so likely got it from that. We are both still seeing each other. It’s complicated. Very complicated. But we have the “we’re in this together” mentality right now and are not going anywhere. I know I won’t get a lot of sympathy on this, I’m not looking for that. I’m just here to listen and learn. 

Hello, @kelly64646

No judgements here. Just remember to take care of yourself. Remember, this now means you could pass it to your husband. I know things are complicated, but be cautious of this, as it wouldn't be fair to him of he got it, since he doesn't know you have it (However, you could tell him you have it). Also, he should know that he can pass it to his wife. If your husband or his wife have any underlying health conditions, etc, it could be exacerbated by contracting HSV. 

In the meantime, stay safe and well, and feel free to ask any other questions you have. Also, since you mentioned you are both in it together, this may be the time to get a general STI panel done to ensure that you are both free of any potential STIs. 

-- Grace

I told my husband that I have it because I figured I couldn't hide it for the rest of my life. I just spun it like it had been laying dormant for years and years and I actually had been going through a lot of stress and somebody issues, he seem to understand and believe me and didn't really question. My husband and I don't have sex anymore and we have not in 2 1/2 years so I'm not worried about passing it to him. My affair partner also does not have sex with his wife. It's still pretty new and he has not told her yet but he understands that he can pass it to her absolutely.

Hi Kelly… Im so sorry that happened to u. Im trying to live every day best I can with this stupid condition. Im trying to meet people with the same condition. I do have support from my family and friends. You ever need to talk Im here for u. 

• Like 1

Hey Brian , I was diagnosed with HSV1 genitally in July . I know how bad it feels , I have a lot going on currently in my life ; the breakdown of an 8 year relationship, being 32 moving back in with parents and buying my own house, add to the mix catching herpes from the first person I sleep with. My hair has started to fall out and I’m losing a lot of weight I have had blood tests but the doctor tells me it’s down to stress. I completely understand how you are feeling when you say you are so low. I have been doing a lot of “inner” work to try to come to terms with this and love myself again and I can honestly say that time is a healer and it does get easier. I’m determined that this will not define me , I am no longer giving myself to this. We are all more than a virus and absolutely deserving of a life and normal love life. I’m not going to be stopped by this and neither will you ! Feel better soon! Lisa

• Like 1