• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Reasurrence!

Hi I have been with my husband for 24 years I have genital herpes simplex but he has never had anything down below or on his mouth. We have never done oral but I really want to try it with him. Do you think the chances of him not having anything means I will be safe to give him oral I really don't want it in my mouth aswell as down below?x

• Like 1

Hello! 

This is a great question! 

Since you've been with him for 24 years (so beautiful ❤️!!) it is possible that he may have contracted it, and may be asymptomatic. It is also possible he never contracted it at all! 

Let's say that he does have it, and you gave him oral. Your body has antibodies to protect you from contracting the same HSV you have on your genitals elsewhere on your body! So, is it hypothetically possible? Sure. But, the risk is lower because your body already has HSV-2 antibodies. 

If you are worried about your husband potentially having it, he could always get an IgG blood test. 

May you and your husband be blessed and happy!! 🌻🌄

-- Grace

The chances of you getting H in your mouth from oral is extremely low. I think 1% and that's from someone who has it genital. My late husband and I had mostly oral for 25 years. I am positive and he was negative. I never passed it to him. We had him checked annually.