• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A big thank you to Adrial!

Hello all!

I just wanted to publically say thank you to Adrial for this amazing forum, and for all the discussions that you have enabled on this forum. I have been very responsible since I found out I had HSV about 1.5 years ago...unfortunately, until a few weeks ago. I honestly NEVER thought this would happen to me but long story, short...I drank far too much one evening, and I ended up hooking up with someone that I hadn't disclosed to. Here is where you come in, Adrial. It is honestly almost entirely thanks to you that I knew immediately that I had to tell him. I re-read some of the posts that you had written when others have reached out over this same topic, but I almost didn't even need to because your words had resonated with me so well. I literally had NO other option in the matter - I had to tell him. Thank you for so eloquently saying exactly what I needed to hear. I messed up, and I can't change that, but I can control how I handle the situation afterwards, and I am just so glad that I was strong enough to do the right thing...even though it was incredibly difficult!

Thanks again, Adrial, for all that you do with this forum - we are all so lucky to have found it/you!

And to anyone else that may be going through this same situation...trust me, I know it is extremely difficult! This guy and I have a lot of mutual friends, so I was terrified to tell him because I knew he could very quickly turn my life upside down, but I just knew that I had to tell him. My advice to you: be strong, and be confident in yourself because even though you may have messed up, you have another chance to display your integrity, and let that be the true testament to your character :)