• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How to tell someone you’re interested in you have herpes

For the longest time I haven’t always been upfront about my diagnosis and that could potentially hurt other people. I don’t want to hurt anyone, and I want to be able to tell future partners about what I have confidently because I want to protect them and give them a choice. I know that dating someone with what I have isn’t easy, but it doesn’t make me who I am. It’s a small part of me.

• Like 1

Hello! 

I totally understand. It can feel scary to reveal your status with someone! However, remember you have nothing to be ashamed of. When you disclose, hold your head high. You don't need to apologize AT ALL. You are doing your part by being honest with someone, and how they react is a reflection of THEM, not of you!

If you need help scripting your disclosure or coming up with something to say, feel free to reach out!! We are here to support you! 🌟🌼

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

I just had a man tell me after 5 months of him courting me without sex. I think its best you develop a deep bond before you tell them. Just be upfront with them. My partner is a doctor and this is how he disclosed "I see things progressing with us and I want to be fully honest with you before we move forward, I have herpes. My girlfriend gave it to me a long time ago. I take antiviral medications and I have not had an out break in years". I loved him for taking the time to get to know me without jumping in the sack with me and his honesty just made me love him more. If she really cares for you she will be okay with it. Dont be ashamed and be direct.

• Like 2