• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

7 weeks pregnant, second herpes outbreak. Anyone else?

I’m currently 7 weeks pregnant and have woken up with my second outbreak. No fever, itching or tingling before hand. Just woke up sore and then noticed a open blister wound. 

i can’t find any information regarding early pregnancy issues only info on 35 weeks +

I take suppression therapy and this is my second outbreak in 2 years 

cant help but worry something will go wrong ☹️

• Like 1

Hello!

I am so sorry you are dealing with this stress. Please know that it will all be okay! 

Pregnancy hormones could be the culprit for the sudden outbreak. Hormones are a trigger for some people, and changes in hormones could possibly trigger an outbreak. HCG hormone levels actually rise the highest in the first trimester. 

I hope this helps! If you are concerned, you could ask your OBGYN about experiencing outbreaks during pregnancy. The only thing the doctor may say is that if you have an outbreak when you are going into labor, they may opt for a cecarian section. However, everything else should be completely okay!! 🙂

Stay strong, and congratulations on your baby!!

Blessings,

grace

• 1 month later...

Hey @Ladyf123

i actually felt like PP there was like 6-9 mo of no outbreak. Also in general I had less overall outbreaks during pregnancy. I wondered if somehow I could maintain the PP hormones so as flowerteacher55 said maybe birth control would help but I havnt gotten to that. Once I got the 1st one after delivery I went back on antivirals and just still seem to suffer reg. 

• Like 1

@Tiredmommaj I'm about a week into birth control I'll let you know how I do. I had no outbreaks during pregnancy which was amazing . As soon as my vagina healed from delivery they have been non stop for the past year . I'm praying birth control can hold me over until a better medicine is released or someone can help me . 

• Like 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to 7 weeks pregnant, second herpes outbreak. Anyone else?