• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Could this be oral HSV-2?

I've been diagnosed with hsv-2. My general doctor tells me its genital herpes. I've ner had an outbreak down there. On the other hand I have had some  painful, itching, nasty looking blister on my lip. It would get swollen too. I've also gotten ulcers inside my mouth. 

I went to my gynecologist and expand everything and also got checked for anything else. He tells me everything looks good and that hes pretty sure I have oral herpes. 

My general doctor is really young and my gynecologist has more years of experience. I still don't know what to think or how to feel. 

It looks like this when I get it. 

Can anyone please share your thoughts 

herpes_lip_sore.jpg

• mr_hopp changed the title to Could this be oral HSV-2?

Hello!

This looks like it could be an oral cold sore. 

When you were told you have HSV-2, was it from a blood test? 

It is possible that you have Oral HSV-2; you could get the sore swabbed next time it appears and see if it comes back as type 1 or type 2. 

I hope this helps! ❤️ Stay strong! 🙂  

Blessings,

grace