• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

can someone help me - do I have herpes?

im really scared I think I may have herpes. I am waiting for the results to come back but I have a blister and it started stinging when I was peeing and now it hurts a lot. I am scared I don't know whats going on and im all alone. I don't know anyone with this virus so I have no one to talk to. What does this mean?? does anyone else have fear that they also were exposed to hiv because I cant seem to get that thought out of my head now. I never been so scared in my life. I don't know what im dealing with and I never have been so scared in my life. I cannot stop panicking. someone please help.

Did you specifically ask to be tested for herpes, too? Based on the description, it does sound like herpes, but you won't know for sure until you get the herpes test results back. I assume they gave you a blood test for all the STDs and then swabbed the blister to culture it? Swabbing it if it's your first herpes outbreak is going to be the most effective way to get definitive results since it takes about 3 months or so since initial infection for the antibodies to build up to a noticeable level.

Here's an article on the herpes test:

http://herpeslife.com/the-herpes-test/

In the meantime, please be calm with yourself and know that no amount of panic or worry will change the test results. All you can do is wait and take care of yourself in the meantime. And whatever the test results are, know that we are ALL here for you as a community to let you know that your life is just as beautiful as it's ever been. We're all in this together and nothing is a death sentence when you have supportive community around you who understand you. Get it? You are not alone. We are all around you. Big group hug. Feel that? We got your back.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: