• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I need someone to talk to. please help me.

I am almost positive I have herpes. I am freaking out because this would be my first outbreak. I am also now scared that I have hiv because I have herpes. I don't know whats going on and I feel all alone. I am panicking and starting to feel faint. My head feels heavy and the room gets darker and I feel dizzy. My hands are cold but yet still sweating. I need to talk to someone anyone! please help me.

Firstly, take some deep breaths and sit down. No matter what happens, it'll be okay. Herpes and HIV are two very, very different diseases, and just because someone has one, it's no indication of the other! You're not alone, trust me, there are tons of loving people here to help you :) Have you gone to the doctor yet?

I went last week... all the other std tests came back negative... except the herpes one has not come back yet. But today I noticed a second sore... At first it only burned when I peed and was really itchy. but now it feels like I have something there and is a little bit annoying. But I keep going back to the fact that my mind is convincing me that I have HIV... like I am saying to myself "well if I got herpes and everyone was telling me that I did not have it, then I probably have hiv as well. I know they are two different diseases but this is my mind telling me these things and I am so scared now. But back to the herpes, I am almost 100% sure now that it is herpes because my symptoms now would be indicative of it. I think I also found blood on the toilet paper today after I wiped. I am all alone up where I live and I don't have anyone to talk to.

Did you get tested for HIV? Even if it is herpes, there is still lots of hope. Personally I've found that this condition has been the only thing that's been able to make me stop and try to fix all the bad things in my life! Nothing else could do that for me. There are some pros to having it, and it really isn't all that bad. Remember that your first few outbreaks will be the worst, and after that it gets way less painful and frequent.

I did get tested for HIV and it came back negative but they insisted I come back in three months for re testing and I am scared. I really don't know what herpes is about, except that its a std and that I will have it forever. I understand what you mean about it being the only thing to make you stop and fix the bad things in your life because I don't think I would have seen how I was living crazy if I did not come down with these symptoms. But now I am freaking out about it all. I cant eat.. I have not eaten in like 2 days. I have a panic disorder already, so this just intensifies it completely. I don't think I have ever been so scared in my entire life.

That's exactly how I felt when I first got diagnosed. It's okay to let yourself feel that bad, at least for a little bit. I took three days off from school and work and cried. There's going to be some sadness and tears. But you also have to remember how much you've made it through already, and this is just one more obstacle, with something positive to give you in return. Trust me, every minute that goes by, it will get easier. But for now it's okay to let yourself feel scared and grieve. Make sure to get tested and get information. Once you start to truly see how little impact this can have on your love life, it gets a little easier to accept.

Hello, my name is Juvia.

One thing that helped me not be so scared is finding out all the information I could on what I had, not just which type I had, but both types that you can contract. Most people don’t know much about herpes other than the social stigma that the world seems to have about it. I sure didn’t know anything about it other than those two facts you mentioned, it is an STD and I will have it forever. But, the truth is, it won’t kill you. Getting the chicken pox as an adult is more dangerous than herpes. It is just a painful skin condition that will pop up every now and then, it will go away, and everything will resume as normal.

Talk to your doctor about preventative care so that you do all you can to prevent it from being spread. There are medicines, ointments, and supplements out there to help your outbreaks not last as long and be overall less painful. As time goes on, the outbreaks become more infrequent and less painful because your body builds up a natural defense against it.

Basically, the more you know the better off you will be.

Here are some sites that provide information:

www.cdc.gov/STD/Herpes

www.herpes.com

Iknow exactly what your going threw girl. The same thing happened to me!!! Even till this day I'm terrified that ihave HIV as well. If you have H...it's ok! Honestly H has helped me a lot to be more aware of things and to also take care of myself. Keep reminding yourself it's a skin disease. Trust me ihad such a hard time when ifirst got it. A lady on this forum helped me out. Ikept saying positive words to myself and reminded myself constantly thy it's just a skin disease nothing else. The key is to love yourself threw this and if you can't right now I'm here to love you and help you....my first OB was the worst but igot threw it. I've had H for 1 year 2 months and 5 days. It gets easier I promise <3 if you ever need to talk I'm here for you. You can always inbox me