• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A little confused - False herpes test?

jb1691

Hello all,

Im new to this, but everyone on here seems really helpful and supportive! Here is my story. I have been in a relationship with this girl for over a year now. We have been very honest with each other and supportive for anything that has been going on. We have had unprotected sex since we have gone out, since she is on birth control. We both are clean and have gotten checked a couple of times before and throughout our relationship. We broke up in January and recently started talking again in October, back to our old ways. After having unprotected sex with her again a couple of times throughout the week, we spoke about the other people we have been with during our time of absence. She got tested again during the break and her results came back negative for h. When i got tested again, the same thing happened. About a week after we had sex, she was complaining that she was in a lot of pain in the gential area and couldn't really walk. She mentioned that she felt a bump but didn't see any pus in it. When she called me freaking out, i looked at my genitals and saw a little red bump what looked to be a cold sore, and freaked out. I went to get it checked out. The doctor took a look at it and didn't want to perform a swab test because there was no pus to test so she took a blood test, which came back negative. When my girlfriend went to get hers checked out the doctor said the same thing, but still performed a swab test that came back positive for hsv-2 gential h.

What we don't understand is how can she be positive if when we recently both got tested, our results were negative for h? What else doesn't make sense to us is that we did oral as well during the week that i saw her and neither of us had anything show up around our mouths. Im not really educated about all of this, so i may sound crazy but i am interested in your opinions. Thanks everyone!

Jonathan

Perhaps if the virus is recently aquired and you havnt waited 3 months to get the bloodwork perhaps there are still no anitbodies built up in yalls system to test positve or perhaps it is sometging else. From my experience it sounds like it though. Perhaps yall should take precautions and set up a date for another test a few months down road. i had had. sex inarch and it showed up in my system when i had tests done in august. hope that helps yall. :)