• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV cure? When?

The good news is there are many different vaccines and new antivirals being developed. Bad news is there is nothing coming for 5 or so years. Takes time to go through phase 1,2 & 3 trials and studies. HSV is a difficult virus to tackle because of how is resides in the nervous system. IM 250 & Pretlivir , X-VAX, RVX 201 and UB621 are a few that are being worked on so something should hit the market within 10 years. There have been some let downs before but I think with the new mRNA science it could be a game changer.

• Like 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to HSV cure? When?
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I emailed Dr Jerome at Fred Hutch the other day and couldn’t believe he got back to me. I asked if I thought there would be a cure in our lifetime which he said yes. He did also say they need to get approval from the FDA before they can start human trials but hope to have that by the end of the year. I know that this would be the first of many stages but I have everything crossed our lifetime means 5-10 years and not 20-30! I’ve had herpes for 26 years and I’d love to be rid of this virus!!!! 

• Like 2