• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

BD111 Chinese Human Trials Phase 3 information

I was reading up on "cure update information" hoping to hear good news and ran across some interesting news out of China. Apparently they are working on gene editing drug to cure?  Seems like having good results? Currently in phase 3 human trials?  It is BD111.  Does anyone know more about this?  Is this legit or just more hype?  Would love to hear any feedback.  I have lost confidence in Fred Hutch research. Anyone done any reaearch on this China research? 

BD111 is a super cool development utilizing CRISPR-Cas9 technology aimed at HSV-1, primarily for treating herpetic stromal keratitis (herpes affecting the eyes). This therapy is still in early clinical trials, not yet at phase 3 (more like around phase 1/2), meaning it's undergoing safety and efficacy evaluations in mice. So yes, the promise of gene editing a cure is significant, but it's definitely still an evolving and new technology that hasn't proven itself out yet in human trials. That will be the giant leap if it can do that, but that's a fair distance away. When I first got herpes many, many years ago, there was just as much promise of a cure right around the corner. So we can certainly have hope, but certainly don't put your life on hold waiting for a cure. I would see a cure as icing on the cake of an already-great life. 🙂 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Oh great! What I read said it was still in phase 1/2. Thank you!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I comoletely understand the reservation to get to eager about any possible cure but this article says it is in human trials (I fhink)?   But I was wrong when I said phase 3 of human trials. But if does seem to say "human trials" not mice trials.  Right?   Just wondering if anyone had any additonal knowledge of this.  I do agree though. Cant just sit around and wait for a cure. That is not healty at all 

This article seems more optimistic than I am. But if just google BD111 this is fhe main one that sort of "pops up".  It looks like legit science. But I am reluctant to just go "all in" on this.  It seems like we would be hearing more about this state side.  Just wanting others thoughts 

Mr Hopp. Can you explain what that term  herparic stromal keratisus (I didnt get  that out corrclectly). But can you help me understand what that means?  Is this relevant to us?  I know its HSV1 and not 2 but I think the research sort of helps toward a cure for both.  What is thst term about?  Is that the genus and species?  I mean is this big news?  I will check back in a week or 2 and see if you have any opnion of this. I am happy to send the full article if that would help 

Wait. I was correct. It is in phase 3 of human trials in China hospitals and has gained status as an "orphan drug" in the US via FDA.  Also the second article says they already have started the work on HSV2. I think this is big news. But maybe I am wrong. 

IMG_4566.png

Wow.  I was greatly mistaken and confused.  confused. This is for Herpes of the cornea only. I did read that this company is working on HSV2 also but I thought it was much closer. Im sorry to post this.  I thought this was worthy to pass along.  But now I feel silly.