• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How do I handle reject after disclosing

I just disclosed to my first American women. Iived in another country for most of my herpes life and herpes isn't a big deal there so I never got rejected. But here in America it's a different story. I just got rejected because of it and it's been a very painful experience. 

Hi @Shmendermen, welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Rejection can be really tough, especially when it's based on something beyond your control. Just know that it isn't a reflection of your worth or who you are as a person. Everyone responds to herpes differently, but there are plenty of people out there who won't see it as a big deal. It's a minor skin condition, after all. 

Take your time to heal from this, and keep moving forward. Your person/people is/are out there, and when you find them, they'll accept and love you for who you are.

Stay strong! Here are a few videos to check out that might be helpful:

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I'm so sorry.  Rejection hurts.  And rejection because of herpes is a unique strain of the pain.  You are not alone.  The fact is, people get to reject us as partners for any number of reasons that we may or may not think are valid, and we have our own reasons for choosing/rejecting potential partners.  You were honest with them and they were honest with you.  I hope your next experience is a better one.