• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How is the intimacy (sex) after herpes?

Hello,

I'm Kris/23/CA

I was diagnosed Nov. 7

I told my friend with benefits abt the positive results & that night he checked and he had a couple of bumps above his penis, near the base. He came over a couple of days later bc I had medicine for him for another STD I contracted. I also gave him the antiviral medicine the doctor gave me (I had extra & he had problems with his medical insurance) I told him I love his spirit and that if he wanted to we could be sex buddies and he got really quiet. I'm just trying to make it easier for him. He hasn't bn diagnosed yet but the other day he said the bumps are spreading. If we do decide to stay fwb and he is positive is there anything we should be worried about??? I'm so new to this.

Have him go get the bumps swabbed by a doctor so they can be cultured so he can know for sure if it's herpes or not. At this point, a blood test wouldn't pick up herpes if it's a new infection (it takes an average of 3-4 months for the body to build up enough antibodies to be detectable on a herpes blood test). Have you gotten your outbreak swabbed to see if you have HSV-1 or HSV-2? That's important. If you find out that both of you have the same strain of herpes, then it doesn't make the herpes worse if you continue to have sex (unless you're having sex with other people, too, then you're going to want to stay on top of being tested to make sure you don't pass anything beyond herpes to each other).

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: