• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What are YOU thankful for?

It's the 1 year anniversary of my HSV-2 diagnosis and I am thankful for so many things!! OMG how I did I struggle through the first 4 months after the diagnosis, with my heart broken, my body itching, my self image destroyed and my future outlook bleak.

I am thankful for my amazing friends who helped me through this difficult time. I am thankful for my parents who raised me with love which makes it easy for me to love myself and to see that the H does not define who I am. I am thankful for my strength and my ability to pull myself out of the hole I was in and to not be discouraged. I am thankful that I continued dating despite the fear of disclosures.

More than anything, I am thankful that I met my boyfriend (who's not infected) ~7 months ago, and that our relationship continues to grow and to become more intimate and amazing as time goes by. I am thankful that I met his family on Thanksgiving and that they totally love me. I am thankful for the countless adventures my boyfriend takes me on and that we are planning a big trip for Christmas. Oh, and I'm thankful for the great sex that we have ;)

I am also thankful for seeing things more in perspective now, for appreciating life, for being a more thoughtful and pleasant human being and a much better partner than I was before.

I am also really thankful for this site! I found it tremendously helpful and supportive in the months after my diagnosis. I am not on here that much anymore though because the H is not playing a big role in my life anymore.

Have a great day everybody!

Hey again, Angel! Welcome back to our fam! So glad to have you back blasting us with your gratitude! ;)

I'm so glad you were able to turn everything around and decide to live the beautiful life you wanted. I love success stories. :) I'm thankful for your courage from the heart that had you go through what you needed to go through to make it to the other side stronger, more self-loving and inspired by life. Thank you for jumping back in to come full circle to show us what the Opportunity is all about. :) Big hugs!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: