• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out I have herpes.

It happened to me too, I called the office and and the woman told me, let me pull your chart, everything is clear, blood work came back all negative. Exactly 3 days later they call me “your herpes results came back positive, everything else is negative” I wanted to kill whoever spoke to me first. Where are the professional ethics and standards to give someone the wrong result either positive or negative? Think before you act, we are not talking about a hair color here. They do not realize the the big deal this can be for a patient, and I love how they try to minimize the situation “It’s only herpes, it could be worse”. We all know that and that does not mean it is OK or that we are going to take the news OK, especially if you are not expecting them. The nurse I spoke to did not even know the type of test they had performed, she told me it is the HSV-2 specific, and I was like yes, I know that, but which brand did you use? All I can tell you is that I am still waiting for her answer. I hope that one-day healthcare professionals will be more compassionate and educated about the services they offer. Hugs and love to everyone!

butterfly

“It’s only herpes, it could be worse”.

In the scheme of what they see come through their office, Herpes is barely a blip on a Doctor's radar screen. For a Doctor, it really is a "nuisance skin condition" and many can't/don't understand the emotional toll caused by the stigma (note: NOT the virus...but our perceptions of what having an STD means ). It is what it is and we are working to change that but we have a long way to go. ;)

You should be able to call the lab yourself and find out which test you had and I would ask for a printout for your records.