• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes test results coming

I have my herpes test results to identify the type coming back tomorrow. Terrified? Absolutely. My last doctor told me she was almost certain it was type 1.....shows you how unknown doctors can be as I have found you can't visually diagnose the type even during an outbreak. I have had 2 outbreaks, almost 3 months apart, both right before my period. Going on suppresive therapy after the results come in no matter what....Just started seeing this guy. It's been a couple of weeks and he's pretty amazing. Have not had sex under the excuse that I wanna wait although I did give him oral. Have no idea if the relationship is gonna go anywhere because we're leaving for different cities for the school year in about a week, but we're pretty crazy about each other....even if it goes nowhere, and if there aren't any deep feelings involved, the idea of disclosing seems like the scariest, most intimidating moments ever.

I wish I were like most people who have this who just don't get symptoms ever...so i just wouldn't have to deal with this...

Hey Smiles!

First off, congratulations on having an amazing new relationship with your guy! Always such an exciting, enlivening feeling. Ooh la la. ;)

That's strange that the doctor claimed they could visually type test. Quite strange. Unless doc has some strange herpes vision superpower that I'm not aware of ... ;) And regardless of whether it's HSV-1 or HSV-2 on your genitals, it's still genital herpes. You will probably just have less outbreaks if it's type 1.

And yes, disclosing can be scary, but it's all about your relationship to having herpes. If you disclose from being ashamed and feeling all sorts of wrong and nasty, it's going to come across that way. And then there's how you disclose from integrity and self-acceptance. That's the sweet spot. Have you downloaded the e-book yet? Here's the link for that:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

And why do you think that if you didn't get symptoms ever that you wouldn't have to deal with it? Yes, you wouldn't have to deal with outbreaks, but you'd still need to disclose to potential partners. There's still something called viral shedding. Read about that here:

http://herpeslife.com/what-is-herpes-asymptomatic-viral-shedding/

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: