• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First herpes outbreak stress related?

hey guys,

the past 3 weeks have been pretty terrible for me, my boyfriend dumped me, i have had 5 people around me pass away including my first love who was bashed to death and my cat that was like my son. i have been under a lot of stress trying to let all this soak in, and then i had my first herpes outbreak and was diagnosed with hsv 1 genitally. i've been thinking my ex might have cheated on me and got it then passed it on to me, seeing as he was a virgin when we got together. But now i'm thinking about it, could i have been carrying herpes without any symptoms and then had my first ob due to all the stress?

Hi Tiara,

Sorry for your losses. That's definitely a lot to have placed on your emotional plate at one time. Take some time for you to process it all, but don't try and process it all at once.

Yes, stress can trigger an OB, and it's possible that you've had it for a long while and just never known. Especially if it is HSV1 genital which rarely shows symptoms and is much milder than HSV2 down there.

HSV1 is very common, and is not considered a sexually transmitted disease. By college, between 60-70% of Americans have it. Most acquired it during either childhood or one of those make-out sessions in HS. It happens, and doesn't mean your ex cheated. It just means he had it, gave you oral, and didn't realize he could pass that along to you down there. In fact, most people don't know that reality and it's not covered in most sex ed classes.

So, go see a doctor if you need to. Relax, and don't stress yourself out over things you can't control and can't find solid answers for.

Tiara..

First, welcome. I hope we can be a safe harbor for you while you process the events of the last few weeks. (((HUGS))). You certainly have a more than your fair share of stuff going on.

As Herry said, its VERY possible you ex has hsv1 (ie, cold sores) orally and could have had it since childhood... and may not know it. AND, its very possible you've had this awhile and it finally came out because of all the stress you are under. I've had a client who had her first outbreak after 32 years of marriage, caused by the stress of organizing a huge party. Go figure.

BREATHE. Take your time to deal with things. Be gentle on yourself.... the better you manage the stress, the better you will manage the OB's.

(((HUGS)))

First off,

Welcome to the forum. ( I am late due to foot ball. )

It is possible that he could have had cold sores, or fever blisters. That he just had them all his life. I have had fever blisters since I was a kid. (Even though I didn't test positive for type 1. ) I know that I have them sometimes. That can be passed to you genitally if he gave you oral sex..

He could have had it or you could have already had it also. It is possible for it to stay dormant until times of stress like that. BUT BREATHE. <3 I know things are hard right now. You mind is probably running over board. Take this time to relax do something like aroma therapy, or a massage, or just a nice relaxing bath. Something that will get your mind off things for a while so that you can take everything in rationally. I know it doesn't look like it right now, but things will be alright.

Like she said, if you calm down and calm down the stress then your OB's will be managed better and be better.

I promise. <3