• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Leg sensitivity because of herpes?

Hi all im a newbie. I received my gift this past sept hsv2. Fortunately, I haven't had another herpes outbreak since. what is happening to me is alternating leg/thigh sensitivity. Its so sensitive that it hurts to the touch. Wearing pants or having something even brush against my leg makes me cringe :(. Is this going to happen forever? Is this my prodrome symptom? I usually take valtrex 2x a day for 3 days and then it goes away. Does anyone else experience this?

Hi Lil_Pika!

Welcome and glad to meet you!

Yes - sounds like a Prodrome symptom...especially as the Valtrex helps..... and likely it will settle down over time.

You may want to check with a Dr and see if their is anything topical like a Lidocaine ointment that may help with the symptoms too.

(((HUGS))) We are here to help you as you learn to live with Herpes. Hope this helps... I promise it will settle down over time :)

The thing is, the human body is NOT an exact scientifically explainable thing (tho the researchers and whatnot would like to think it is). There are soooo many variables and you could have 2 people who seem to have everything in common and their body would react entirely differently to the same stimulus/virus/food/whatever.

I laugh when I see the latest food fads, or the latest FDA food pyramid recommendations. I mean, we have people whose ethnic makeup has lived with particular foods for thousands of years and then you try to come up with ONE diet? 99% of us could never deal with the diet of an Inuit (Whale blubber, fish, seal, and Caribou for most of the winter) but it works for them...BUT, give them a very small amount of alcohol and they cant deal with it.) Mediterraneans will have lived very differently from Northern Europeans. etc etc.

Now. Think of that on EVERY level of health, add in environmental, chemical, and emotional factors, and you get an idea of why so much cannot be explained or does not follow the "rules".

Good luck with your appointment.. let us know how it turns out :)