• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Unexpected success and a new journey

Hey yall ! Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Okay, so a few things to share here. Please excuse me if this is a long post, i promise ill try to make it quick.

So if you haven't spoken to me I'll give you a little background info about myself/story. I'm female, 23, and i live in Ontario, Canada. I found out four months ago that i had herpes (wow, even typing it still gives me the chills) and i of course was devastated if you look at my first post you will see that. I am also 99% sure this disgusting disgrace of a guy did it to me on purpose, for no reason at all, but thats besides the point. Anyways i started seeing someone shortly after who I have been friends with for quite some time, and we've been seeing each other ever since. Things have gotten hot and heavy but there was no way I would ever put him at risk without him knowing. Long story short I have been so stressed over telling him, what to say, his reaction, would i lose him, all that stuff. FINALLY just two days ago I DID IT!

I cannot tell you all how relieved i feel. I feel like I was carrying 1000 tonnes of stress that has finally been lifted off my chest. I really did not think he would be accepting of this, and i totally underestimated him. I didnt do it in person, but i was careful with my words and made sure he knew that I did not think it was a "big deal".

His initial reaction was anger that this whole thing had happened to me, and he was just shocked. He then proceeded to say "Everything is going to be okay". At that moment I felt relief and happiness like I never have before. I couldn't believe it, and I still can't. I just hope he doesn't change his mind! Nevertheless, he drove over to my house at midnight and i OBVIOUSLY could not say no to that so i did what any other person would do and snuck out of my house to see him :)

We talked for a long time and got everything out on the table. This leads me to my next topic..

Although these past couple months have been rough, I just cannot accept that there is no cure for this. Its just in my nature to not be able to take no for an answer. So yesterday he emailed me something and i realized hes been doing some research too. He came across this book which had a lot of info about this, and explained a program to stop further outbreaks. Its called Oxygen Therapy, using H202 drops that are diluted into water, as well as some general eating tips to go along with it. So my question is:

1)Have any of you heard of/tried this method?

2)Should I give it a try?

3)Should I consult my doctor before doing so?

4)How will I know if this has worked? (other than not having any outbreaks)

I haven't had an outbreak since my first. However right now i have two bumps far apart from eachother, in a different area, but i can't tell if its that or just ingrown hairs.

So tell me what you all think!

First congratulations! I am happy that it went as well as it did. I'm a female. I was diagnosed for month as well and I just turned 24 last month so we have those things in common. Secondly, there is a cure for EVERYTHING. It just has to be found/created if it haven't already... that's my belief. I have heard of that method online... never tried it though. I would consult a doctor first.. Anything safe is worth a try.

And funny, I have been wondering how would we know if we are cured if we are tested by antibodies? I would like to find that out myself.

@lt05

First - congratulations and sooo happy for you! Keep us posted about your progress with your new beau :)

As far as the "cure" - honey, if it was true, the pharmaceutical/nutriceutical industry would be all over it, believe me... especially something as "simple" as that. I'm guessing that the diet is the reason that the "drops" help reduce OB's. Just like Diet pills include exercise programs... there may be a *small* improvement from the product but the bottom line is that if you take charge of your diet, stress, lifestyle, etc you will likely get the same result..

Peace :)

I couldn't be more happy for you, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I would not try it. I will add some information I obtained for you from Lexi-Comp which is a website where healthcare providers get drug information.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has alerted consumers that high strength hydrogen peroxide preparations (e.g., 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide) should not be used for any medicinal purpose.Ref These preparations are being promoted on websites illegally for various medicinal purposes (e.g., AIDS, cancer, emphysema, other life-threatening conditions) without any proven clinical value, and such uses are dangerous.Ref Hydrogen peroxide 35% is not approved by the FDA for any purpose.Ref Ingestion of such preparations can cause serious harm or death.Ref Oral ingestion of hydrogen peroxide can result in GI irritation and ulceration.Ref IV administration of hydrogen peroxide can result in inflammation at the injection site, gas embolism, and life-threatening allergic reactions.Ref

Concentrated solutions (20–30% or more) of hydrogen peroxide are strongly irritating to skin or mucous membranes and should be handled cautiously.

For self-administration, hydrogen peroxide oral topical solution or gel should not be used for longer than 7 days, unless otherwise directed by a clinician. Repeated use of hydrogen peroxide topical solution as a mouthwash or gargle may produce a condition known as “hairy tongue” or may cause irritation of the buccal mucous membrane.

I would stick with acyclovir which has a landmark trial that supports it efficacy and it prevents the replication of the virus. Even if O2 was able to kill some virus there arent studies to show in which degree.

Much love and good luck on everything :)