• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

hi ya'll.

ok so i havent been on here in about a month, but i just wanted to let ya'll kno that i was told i have hsv1 genital. it was a bit of a relief bc i kno i have hsv1 orally since i have canker sores (which tbh i didnt even realize was part of the hsv family, i just thought it was cold sores, outside of the mouth, that could indefinitely spread hsv orally or genitally).

i have felt fine since i took my meds and i've only had an oral breakout in the last month. i get oral breakouts about 3-5x a yr so that's not a big deal tbh. i just feel like now i'm like some other hsv+ ppl are, i freak out over the least lil bump or feeling i get down there :( and that is why i'm on here today..

i've been feeling sore for the last 12-24hrs. i tried to check myself but i couldnt really c anything. i'm scared that i have the beginnings of another breakout. if i still feel sore on monday i guess i'll get an appointment with my gyno. i just had my yearly pap smear on the 20th and i was given a clean bill of health (as far as any other STD's and the pap smear was good)..i just dread being poked and prodded again ::pulls hair out:: but i guess the worst of it will be that he'll give me another round of meds and i'll have to substain from sex for a bit.

Well, the "good" news is you already have HSV1 ... while it's unusual to get it genitally once you already have it, it's not impossible.

It may be another OB but it HSV1 usually settles down genitally pretty quickly - so you may be having a "mild" OB that will be more subtle symptoms....or even just a few prodrome symptoms... but you have the right attitude... and ask for a second script that you can have on hand in case you have an OB when you can't get to the Dr... I always keep some handy ;)

thnx. i kno there's atleast 1 bump visible down there. i'm not in much discomfort atm, either (i think i'm more worried about having a bad OB bc the 1st x was horrible, eventho i kno that it probably wont be like that any other x around).. i think i can make it til monday -- tuesday at the lastest -- then, i'll make an appointment bc i dont care for our ER's much..and me and the husband already said it might not be a bad idea to have my gyno put an Rx in at the pharmacy just in case :) i forgot to ask him to do that the last x i was there bc mostly we just wanted to c wat my OB pattern was goin to be.