• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I still can't get a postive "yes" to having herpes.

Okay so I guess I will start with the beginning:

First off, I made out with a boy on Jan 31st of this year, who got a little handsy with me, never had sex or anything, just a nice heavy make out session. After a couple days I felt tingly down there so naturally I assumed somehow I must have caught an STD, herpes or something (I wasn't this calm about it at the time though, lol). So I drove down to my local Planned Parent Hood and she checked me out. I explained the feeling I had and she did a yeast swab which came back a little postive, gave me Diflucan, then sent me on my way. Relief of course to my ears, until I started I reading, oh god help me for having the internet because I had never been so paranoid before. I read about how it can be mild, it can look like a pimple, it can look like a god damn elephant because it plays by its own crazy rules! I waited the initial 21 days examining every orifice, washing my hands every twenty seconds, not getting any peace. Finally nothing more than some weird legs tingles in my thighs I had gotten when I was high (which I was sure must be the monster HERPES!)

Nothing more for the month, I quit my job and moved to my friends house, positive I had gotten SOMETHING (I was a goddamn mess). I went to Planned Parent Hood 6 times (they know me by name now, lol) and got resounding "No you don't have herpes" every time. I even got the blood test to make sure it wasn't a recurrence, that was also negative.

I called the guy (a kid really) and he told me he donates sperm all the time and gets his blood tested regularly, so he knows he has nothing (I still am not a hundred percent sure sperm banks even give a crap about that). He disappeared on me before I had even called him so I figured the poor thing knew and just didn't tell me.

Finally after much soul searching realizing if I did it isn't a huge deal, I moved on with my life and got ready to get a job when I got a "pimple" on the February 9th, on the middle of butt below my tail bone. It hurt alot when I touched it. Of course I got out the gloves (maybe it was a pimple?) and popped the hell out of it which just made it an angry sore. It went away after a couple days, I dismissed it a let it go. If I have herpes, I have herpes and if thats all it can throw at my body great!

Flash forward a week, February 16th-sh another pimple in the middle of my lower back, far from a "normal" area, a little above my belt line. Same hurt took a few days to heal, yadda yadda.

Much relief because after that nothing... until February 29th. My insides of my vagina burned. I MEAN BURNED, I think I had a yeast infection (only once in my life) that had hurt that bad. I looked for sores and nothing. Inside, outside, weird angles, nothing. It. just. burned.

SO .. I take a trip to the local target get some Vagisil, some yeast medication, and started a regime every days for three days, and it went away by the fourth day. Thank god, lol.

I'm not sure if I have herpes, I don't know if those were pimples that hurt because I destroyed them, I don't know if that was the second yeast infection in my lifetime. I just don't know. I'm frustrated and I know that I can't get tested until May-ish, and I'm worried because I know this fella is a young stallion and is giving it away to ladies left and right. He called me the other day for a booty call or a date or something, so I really don't think he knows. I wouldn't care so much if not for that fact.

I hope someone took the time to read this lonnnnnnngggg post and can tell me if these are symptoms you have had, also if the burning is going to come back. I'm hoping if this WAS a primary infection it will just be the pimples and never that burning again.

Thoughts?

@calico

First - Welcome to the Forum...

Honey... you are waaaayyyyy over thinking this. I can't tell you for sure about anything...no Dr would tell you without a swab/blood test (and as you have figured out, you wont know until May) but I'm guessing you will be H- .. ;)

The best thing you can do is to and get the "pimple" swabbed next time you get one .. but given how fast they cleared up, I doubt that its herpes. And you say the Vagisil cleared up the itching so odds are you are having recurring yeast infections... very common esp when you are younger and sexually active (and likely wearing tighter clothing which makes it worse). Every time you have sex with a new person, there's a really good chance you will have some kind of "reaction" because your body will see their fluids/cells (whatever protection you use, they will leave *something* of themselves behind) as a "foreign" thing ... some people's bodies are more reactive than others to any new substance.

You only have another 6-8 weeks to wait for the blood test.... which is a blip in the timeline of your life. Just put it on the calendar and get on with your life. In the mean time, get educated about STD's and how to protect yourself in the future, ok???

(((HUGS)))