• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hello everyone! I am new here as I was recently diagnosed about three weeks ago. I found out as I have started dating someone new and went to get a full STD check before we became intimate. The first few days were rough, but my new friend has been accepting and supportive. We just decided to take things extremely slow. So my question is this. Last week he gave me oral sex as my doctor said this was ok that even without condoms the risk is extremely low to pass on hsv2 orally. My concern is the next day I had a bump pop up on at the top of my buttcrack. I am on antivirals, but so worried I passed this on to him the first time we fooled around. His mouth was no where around where the bump is, but I'm just so concerned. Could someone pass on some information for me or help ease my mind?

@Toinfinity..

First - welcome! You've found a great place for information and support..

Your Dr is right - if you have HSV2 genitally, it's VERY rare to pass it to your partner's mouth - less than 1% of oral herpes is HSV2.

That said, I would certainly be careful if you have an OB - a pimple may be just that, a pimple... herpes blisters are mostly clear but herpes doesn't play totally by the rules. Over time, you will figure out your symptoms/prodromes.. and you will just know when to be careful...

I'm still learning my body, but I'm 100% sure this is an outbreak. I've had it pop up there before and it's just like a mosquito bite that turns into a sore. With him not going close to that area help the situation at all and do you think it's still a pretty low chance of him catching it? I didn't feel any warning signs before this I just noticed it was there the day after. So sorry about the multiple post!

I can't say a definite, for certain that he won't have it but the odds are very low both because of the kind of H you have and the fact he was doing Oral. If he gets any kind of throat pain/swollen glands, they can culture it .... and get him to get blood tested on a regular basis (ie, at least yearly if not every 6 months) so you know his status.