• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What does healing from a herpes outbreak look like?

Hi everyone im back. Time for my second outbreak. So Im not on any Valtrex and have been nursing the canker sores with Tucks Medicated wipes and Topical Lidocaine 5% and the wonderful vicoden for pain. My question is what does the healing process look like when you go without the antiviral? On minute it looks like its going away and I feel as if I could walk faster instead of hobbling then the next day it seems like nothing has changed and it was all I my mind. I am not at the stage where it crusts. But the canker are leaving a yellowish orange tinge pus. At first I thought it was residue from Oral-Gel which is tinted orange. BENZOCAINE is not for vaginas!!! not the same as Lidocaine! The second O.B. isnt as bad as my first but it is equally painful. How long will this last if I stay on the course of not getting Valtrex, has anyone tried using the one that starts with the letter "Z" or the other one that starts with the letter F ?

My husband and I were doing job changes and job transfers. Moved back to where I originally lived at. So the stress got the best of me and decided to remind me that it was still very well and alive that I had (HSV2) And decided to make a appearance.

Its been six months since the last O.B I guess I got a little preoccupied about having it.

I cannot find anything about the healing process online except you get blisters then a canker then its heals and crusts and returns back to dormancy. Im just scared about going to the dr. Because of no health insurance.

$65.99 for lidocaine 5% dr. Visit $100.00 for non insured. Feelings of hopelessness consumes me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Btw E.R visit $500-800 a day.

Thank you

NEXIS lexis

Well, canker sores are not herpes; their cause is stress, anxiety, and a few other things, but not herpes.

You'll definitely want to keep the benzocaine away from the vajajay. That's going to sting something fierce as you've already discovered. Try some aloe or some lemon balm; both work really well at soothing the pain and stimulating the healing process. And, I guarantee you, sting less than your present attempts.

Six months between OB's is good. I'm currently at the same time-mark and hoping I don't ever see another one.

As far as the healing process, it usually takes between 4-10 days. You'll get a prodome, followed by a blister (maybe, in your case, it sounds like yes), that will pop usually within a day, then the skin begins to heal. It's just like a regular blister. Put some ointment on it, and let your body take care of it. If your blisters are on thin skin such as the labia, it could take a little longer as blisters on skin that is thin and typically moist heal slower.

Valtrex is the name brand; go get a prescription for Acyclovir, and go to Wal Mart to get it filled if you really want to save some money. It's the same stuff but costs a whole lot less. It won't do you any good for this OB, but might come in handy for the next one (Hopefully, there won't be!)

Thank you I know they aren't cankers but they sure do look like canker sore sorry for not clarifying. So basically I missed the window and just have to ride it out? Lemon balm where do I find that?

Is it a liquid essential oil? The sores are in labia's minor and its just covered with them. Painful urination due to sores on the uthera. Sry autocorrect. I just hope im on the tail end of this before I start my new job.

Will keep walmart in mind.

NEXIS

I cannot find anything about the healing process online except you get blisters then a canker then its heals as nd crusts and returns back to dormancy.

That's about it... nothing more to say about what it looks like... now, how long each person takes may be something else.

Try Planned Parenthood ... they are a lot cheaper (esp if you tell them you are uninsured and broke... they do sliding scale and you can make payments on what they do charge you)

As for the drugs, look online for a "Discount Rx/prescription card" - they cost nothing and can reduce the cost of the drugs by 60% ... and ask for Acyclovir instead of Valtrex ...you have to take it twice a day but it costs a lot less... and just take it to get the OB under control. Double dose for a few days then go to the normal dose, then half dose as your body regains control.

Add going commando when you can and loose clothing otherwise, Epsom Salts Baths (drop a few handfulls of the salts between your legs in a BATHTUB full of water so you can move the salts away if its stinging too much.. do this 2-3 times a day) and that may help a bit.

Oh - and yellowish pus is infection - which may be why the epsom salts stung so much too. Keep cleaning the area with the tucks, maybe even use Hydrogen Peroxide to clean the area...

And pour water over the area while you pee - helps to stop the stinging by diluting the urine as you go ;)

(((HUGS)))

Thank you WCSdancer

That's a excellent idea. P.P as much as I dont like what they are famous for, they do offer other services besides that. Now that we have relocated and there is one here im going to check it out. All I hope is nobody sees me in passing, No matter what church you go to THAT place is a no no.

The outer labia's are healing up nicely its just those hidden parts that seem to take the longest.

I am so grateful for you on this site your a veteran to this skin disorder. I almost came out of the H closet and was about to tell my mom but chickened out. I DID tell my sister and her hubby and they were most supporting.

The pain is being managed by 500mgs of Aleve and only use Vicoden in emergency.

Kinda scared of doing the bath soak it killed my confidence. But maybe if I can muster the courage I will try the Epsom salt. I wonder if ocean H20 would work.

Ty for you advice

Marcia aka NEXIS

Ocean water should be GREAT for OB's ... any salt will have at least *some* antibacterial and anti-viral effect. Try doing one handful at a time on the bath idea until you find YOUR comfort level.

Maybe you could be the one to start to educate the church folk that passing judgement on people for going to PP is not very Christian-like ;)