• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

One year ago

A lot has happened in the last year. I just wanted to take a moment and share a few thoughts. I found out 1 year ago today that I have herpes. Like many of you I was totally Devastated. I tried to find out all that I could about HSV and learn to be ok with it in my mind. It was then that I found the Hopp forum and Adrial. So today my friends is a new day! I live a happy healthy and fulfilling life. I work out and eat healthy. I meditate and am grateful for every day. I am honestly in better shape mentally and physically than I have ever been! I do date both in and out of the H world. And I am 48 years old!! Ok so here's the thing...life is not perfect and hey it never was....But now I realize who and what really matters in my life. And I am honestly ok that I have herpes. I still have things I'm working on and they may take time... but herpes taught me to learn how to love and protect myself...it taught me boundaries and self respect...where would I be if Herpes never happened? Please make no mistake I'm not happy that I have it. But every day herpes made me realize and appreciate so many things that I never would have seen otherwise. I want you to know I truly felt like life, love sex and companionship were over for me. I was wrong its all just begun. Thank you for letting me share. Thank you Hopp and Adrial and all of you!

Peggy

Peggy, what a beautiful post! Congratulations, and welcome into the light! I'm just a step behind you in that tunnel, and looking forward to basking in the same glow here in the next couple of weeks.

BTW, I'm writing a book about people's experiences with H, and the journey towards the point you're at. If you're interested, I'd love to include your story in that.