• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Daily Vitamins, Remedies for Herpes?

Just wondering what vitamins/natural herbs/remedies everyone finds helpful?

I've heard echinacea is a great way to boost the immune system, but does it really help with OBs?

I was also told about soaking in a epson salt or baking soda bath. (which ive tried and works great)

and as far as something to put directly on the sores, Im still looking, I have very sensitive skin as it is and am a little scared of harsh substances.

please post what works for you, I'm always looking to ease the symptoms and pain.

hey T... aside from one tablet of valacyclovir 500mg daily, I take a two-capsule combo of Lysine 1000mg with Astragalus and Olive Leaf extract. The amino acid+herbs can be purchased online or at your local health food store. Quantum Health is the brand i choose. Astragalus is an anti-viral Chinese herb and Olive Leaf is another anti-viral. Lysine helps with acidity levels in your body and to keep Arganine (found in food, triggers episodes) under control.

i chose the herb supplement because I've noticed that if i stop taking the Valacyclovir, my episodes kick in.

although i've lived with HSV1 and 2, and i'm mostly asymptomatic, i still stress over shedding and passing it on :\ so i try my best at keeping the drinking/smoking to a very low minimum.

I hope some of this is helpful; if you have any other questions, write me.

Best--

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...