• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

recurrence location/prodrome

Hi all!

I am wondering if you tend to get recurrences in the same spot. I had my first OB 16 months ago, and haven't had one since. I have not been on suppressive therapy although I have the meds. Yesterday my legs started feeling kind of itchy- again could be that I was camping for two weeks with no lotion and lots of sun. My vagina started to itch a little but almost inside like a yeast infection. Not terribly, just a tad. The other labia areas felt somewhat itchy (randomly), but I have not shaved in a while and so that could be contributing. I plan to disclose to my partner soon, so maybe it is just me over reacting. But today I noticed a very tiny whitish looking spot on the tip of my clitoris. That is not where I got my first OB... my first OB was on both sides of my inner labia, just a few spots (yet still painful and an annoyance). I am wondering if it is common for it to stay in the same spot. Also, what are your prodromes like? is the itchiness like all over your legs, or just in the area where you OB? I do not have the soreness of skin people talk about with the nerves, just some random itchiness. No swollen lymph nodes or anything either.

Yesterday when I started feeling odd I took three acyclovir, today the same. Also treated the "spot" with melissa (lemon balm) oil.

Thanks everyone!

Yes - wherever you first obtain the virus is where it will generally stay - it may spread in the first few months (as you spread it to other areas because you don't have any immunity to it) but after about 4 months, wherever it is is where it will stay. It lives in the nerve ganglion (an area near the spine where the nerves meet the spinal cord) and travel up and down the nerve ... it doesn't travel through the blood or lymph system so it just lives where it first made it's home.

It's also very possible you have a yeast infection or Bacterial Vaginosis.

Everyones prodromes are different. Over time you will really get to know yours. You did the right thing to take the acyclovir ... you should see an improvement pretty quickly with that, but you may want to get the inner vaginal itching checked out, just in case. For now, assume it is H and abstain from sex (there's all kinds of ways to be intimate so play with other things!) ...

These links may help you ...

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-prodrome-symptoms

http://herpeslife.com/keeping-your-partner-herpes-free-can-be-super-sexy/

((((HUGS)))