• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First herpes outbreak: How long does flu-like symptoms & fatigue last?

If it was forever 80% of the population would be on it's ass all the time ;)

The first OB is the worst for most people. You have no antibodies to the virus so there is an un-holy war going on in your system while your body gains the upper hand. Over time it should get better (usually a week to maybe a month depending on a lot of factors like your immune system function, stress, sleep patterns, foods you are eating, etc.

Learn all you can on here about trigger foods and how to control what you can in this ... the FAQ section is a great place to start ;)

(((HUGS)))

My first outbreak was terrible and lasted a week and a half. The only good thing that came out of it was my weight loss sounds terrible but I considered it a plus). The flu like symptoms eased up after the 4th day but the back and pelvic pain lasted a bit longer. I notice now since I've had two more outbreaks I will not get the pains or flu symptoms anymore. Now I notice a outbreak because I experience a loss of appetite and feel itchy down under. Hope it eases up for you but until then hang in there :)

Hi, I had flu symptoms exactly 6.5 days before the blisters came and I started taking medication. That was 17th of July... Then it took another week and three days for the blisters to totally go again. Around a week later it came back I'm still unsure if it was the same OB or a new one but it was just as painful down there but I didn't have the flu symptoms... However I still have lower back pain it just doesn't seem to want to ease up or go away do I duno...

I promise even though my second outbreak was bad it was no where near the sheer trauma of the first one... I promise

Xx

Hi, like you, I'm in the throws of my first outbreak. My heart goes out to you, this f***ing sucks. The flu like symptoms went away pretty quickly for me though. I had what felt like a low grade fever, body aches, and a terrible headache accompanied by behind the eye pain. The good news is that all went away a few days after the itching and blistering began.

Everything I've read in addition to all I've been told by my doctor says this first outbreak is the worst of it. Fingers crossed because, I hear ya, this is downright awful. Hang in there. You'll get through this <3