• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How did you move past fears?

Hi all :-)

I have a question for the seasoned ones who have had "h" for awhile. I am two months in and still processing things and learning to forgive myself.

My question is about relationships and I guess this would be geared towards those that are in serious committed relationships or are married (or have been post herpes). After disclosure, did herpes come up a lot in the relationship? How did you deal with it? How did you know for sure your partner accepted you for you and did not fixate on herpes? The bottom line is that I just want reassurance that it is possible for me to have a relationship in the future that will not be dominated by what I have. Hopefully, I make sense lol

Hi @lovingmyself2014 yes, you can & will have a great committed relationship. You first have to learn that this is not a deal breaker. We have it. We can't change that. My boyfriend of 1 year does not have HSV2 but I do. We rarely even talk about it. He trusts me that I will tell him if I ever think I'm having an OB that way we can be intimate in other ways. In the beginning of our relationship we researched together and learned everything we could about it. We have complete trust & that's super important. Over time, you won't constantly think about herpes because you will learn to relax & understand that this condition is extremely common & it wont hinder you from having a great life. When you meet someone you really like, be honest with him & be confident. I'm sure there are a million wonderful things about you. Don't let this one little thing make you feel anything less than amazing. Ok?!