• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My herpes lesson!!!

Well....here's the lesson I have learned-the realization that came with my struggle:

Just because I am an extremely empathetic person and have the ease and ability to show compassion towards people and their demons does not mean that I can excuse and tolerate inappropriate and hurtful behaviour that stems from that.

I am a pretty good people reader, I understand why people do what they do, I can identify their struggles and demons quite easily and I enjoy being supportive and helpful. I empathized with my ex-lovers' demons and his inability to confront them. I tolerate behaviour that made me feel worthless and disrespected because I understood the source. I even tried toget him to confront them and move passed them. When he jumped off the emotional cliff and was vulnerable, I caught him and not only that but I made it safe for him to jump!!

But he could not reciprocate, not only did he leave me hanging off the emotional cliff, when I let go, he didn't catch me and then he scolded me like a child for being too weak to hang on longer.

I do not have to tolerate his behaviour wxause I hae the ability to empathize and show compassion. He is letting his demons control him and I dot have to be the Pynchon bag bc I feel badly.

So thank u herpes! Ugh! Wish I never got u but u taught me that my needs and desires deserve to be met!!!