• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

oral herpes too maybe

A couple days after starting my medication for genital herpes,my mouth became very chapped.just felt really dry, then the tip of my tongue started to feel real dry.my lips still feels really chapped and doesn't show any signs of getting better could this be oral herpes.mg lips are act starting to cracked and bleed.i wasn't diagnosed with oral herpes, could I also have oral herpes, and by the way I've put carmex, neosporin, and any lip moisturizer I could get my hands in, on my lips.

Actually when I had my primary oral herpes outbreak, my lips were swollen. I had no sores....yippee!!! And so that's why I got misdiagnosed I think, but I did have numbness on tip of tongue and tip of nose. So I would say it's probably more likely in primary outbreak but recurring I would say no.

Chapped lips I would so no to.

No, there chapped, super dry and have been like this since I started on the valtrex,it started off in the corners of my mouth, then moved to my lips.my lips have cracks on them everywhere and no matter what I put on them they stay chapped and dry.very dry, wondering if this is a allergic reation, I'm not allergic to anything as far as I know. And since I have genital herpes, isn't it almost impossible to catch another strain of herpes or the same strain you already have!