• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

first post lab doctors appointment

well Tuesday will be my first post lab DR appointment. They told me to bring a copy of my results or they would have to retest me again ( funny last time I was at Planned parenthood they only did swabs and I have no sores ). so I had to go into my email and download it to make a copy. well here I am several beers( F the arginine) later feeling kinda crappy again. I hadn't looked at it since that first night I got it. not sure how this is going to go tomorrow. if I will get an RX for episodic or one for possible suppressive. I haven't had the worst of OBs in the ( im guessing) 11 months ive had it. a fair amount of itchiness( and in the summer in florida if your nether regions don't itch you aren't human) but only a few sporadic sores. anywho, looking at that piece of paper made me get all bummed out. Im 49, twice divorced and as if that wasn't enough to skew the odds towards being alone the rest of my life I now have H2. Sonofa...........

I hear you...I am actually dreading Christmas time as that is when I was sick with my primary outbreak orally and genitally New Years....not looking forward to holidays this year!!!!

Decide what type of meds you want to be on in terms of episodic or suppressive and discuss with your doctor, don't leave it up to them to decide....it is your health.

Sucks anytime you get herpes, but being older and single is definitely a downer...I am 42!

You will not be alone the rest of your life b/c of herpes....there are too many people out there with it!!!! Why would they live fulfilling lives and you wouldn't? You are just as deserving!!!

Someone on here mentioned that there are meet up groups for herpes. I would suggest looking in your area and start with that to help you socialize with people who went and are going through the same struggles you are.

Hugs!

Good luck tomorrow - I would guess since you are not in a relationship that they will suggest episodic given you are not struggling with OB's. You can always switch to suppressive if you need to later.

49 and twice divorced isn't that unusual any more. I personally am more worried about men who never married ... and there are tons of 30-something's living with parents .... 2 divorces at your age doesn't worry me ;)

(((HUGS)))

thanks to both of you. I was feeling pretty down because of printing out my lab results. the only "symptoms" I am dealing with at the moment are 1 healing blister from sunday before last and some itching in general which may or may not be H related. in general ive been getting better about my diagnosis but this was kind of an in my face reminder. plus Mondays after my weekend with my son are always a bit down for me, and with him getting older and spending more time with his friends im getting put on the backburner. im glad he has friends thru me so he has a reason to keep coming over. and yes I know 2 divorces isn't as uncommon today as back a few years it is still baggage and does eliminate a certain percentage of potential relationship opportunities, add to it the vasectomy my now ex talked me into ( I was committed to the relationship, kind of like how in a ham and egg breakfast the chickens involved but the pig is committed. and now SHE cant have kids and I would if I met someone who wanted them) which drops any woman who wants kids then throw H into the mix, yargggg. my only saving grace, being bored I looked at profile pics for this site and my local H related meetups and by god all the women in them are easy on the eyes! so maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an oncoming train. I guess in order to get a sexually transmitted infection one has to be sexually desirable in the first place, :)

Just fyi, I know a guy who has 2 divorces, and 60 and he's sexy as hell!!!

Don't take out the list of reasons someone shouldn't be with you....because some of the reasons you think a woman shouldn't be with you are reasons why she would. Does that make sense? Also, start making a list of why someone would want to be with you ok? I am sure you have some great traits..first of all....you are funny...i laugh at the ham and egg breakfast part....lol....

having a vasectomy is a definite plus for some women...especially in your age group.... makes birth control a whole lot easier!!!! Anyway...you will be ok.....go to some meet ups....get yourself back out there.....if you had 2 committed relationships sounds like you like to be in love and that's a good thing too!

Good luck

So I'll give you a "Mature" woman's perspective

2 divorces = Willingness to commit ... even after getting burned once. For ME, how the guy talks about those divorces/relationships is FAR more important than the fact that he's been through 2 marriages ;) The guy who is 49 and NEVER married is FAR more scary to me!

Vasectomy = BRING IT ON! Unless you are trying to date 30-somethings, if you are dating closer to your age, most of us are done with making babies. I'm 53, and for ME, I want a guy without kids or with near-adult kids if possible. So unless you are dying yourself for more kids (which, IMO, at 49, is NUTS!!! LOL) I would say you are more desirable WITH it than without it ;)

So I promise - none of your "reasons" for being "undesirable" hold any truth. Truth is, there WILL be a woman out there for you .... the hard part is finding her ;)

(((HUGS)))

thanks ladies, I was just feeling a bit down and was kind of enumerating how various factors can cut out parts of the dating pool. and yes , I do enjoy being domesticated far more than single. fyi the dr appoint, so-so. I have episodic meds in the cabinet now and all I need to do is call and I can go into suppressive and at this planned parenthood it is only 24$ a month for suppressive so that financial burden has been lifted ( I was expecting 150 a month). so far my OBs haven't been much ( thank the gods, I knew those bribes would pay off someday) so im going to let my body work on it and learn a bit about it first. plus being on suppressives may make me feel invincible and I might talk myself into something stupid, I HAVE to go slow now and I kind of like it. I gave the doctor this sites address and the local meetups web address to hook up with them.

@seeker

There are ALWAYS things that will cut out some of the dating pool ... certainly nothing that you mentioned should cut you out of a significant portion. You seemed to be focusing on them in a negative way ... we just wanted you to know that those things are pretty minor by comparison to other things that I've seen out there, I promise!

And GOOD ATTITUDE to the suppressives .... yes ... being forced to slow down is a GOOD THING! ;)

(((HUGS)))

Dancer is right...ugh...isn't she always lol.....

The flaws you see are not flaws at all...divorce, vasectomy or whatever else you wanna list....those are pluses for some people....probably a lot of people.

Good idea to go slow right now.....may force you to really get to know yourself and some great women.

Good luck!