• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Confused

Upon finding out that I genital H I have been depressed. I try to get out of my runt but then I randomly breakdown periodically. I keep trying to be positive. My appetite is completely gone though. I read that this was a symptom of H. I try and force myself to eat but that only makes me feel sick as if I will vomit it back up. Also I have a few other questions so you can have herpes for years and not know correct ? But I keep seeing diff story of how effective getting tested for it is. If you never had an OB and you get testing done through blood work will it correctly diagnosis you? The person I'm sure I contracted H from says they never had an OB or anything and that he would get tested but will it come back negative since he hasn't had an active OB I'm just really confused on how that all works

Well the nausea may be the Herpes, and it could be the depression/anxiety you are experiencing. If it continues you may want to talk to your Dr about it... temporary anti-depressants may be something to think about. I went on them once about 10 yrs ago because life threw me more curve-balls than I could duck from ... only needed them for 6 months but they helped a lot and then I weaned off them once I got my breath back.

Yes - you can have H for years and not know it. 80% of the people with H don't know they have it. Do you know if you have H1 or 2? If it's H1, then your giver may well have had "cold sores" and not known it or not known they could be passed on with oral sex. 80% of the population carries it so that's not at all unusual.

Yes - there is a small chance of the tests being incorrect ... but odds are if they passed it on they should come back as H+. Make sure they get type specific too so you know for sure it was them.

Print out this info for the other person (and yourself) and send them the youtube link ... so you are BOTH properly educated ;)

(((HUGS)))

Handouts + disclosure e-book:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

Herpes facts video