• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tested positive 3 days ago, changed my life for the better in a way

I tested positive for HSV-2 three days ago, I cried the first day, I felt like the world should stop just for me and my pain, then I realized I was being selfish. I was so mad because I was not the type of girl to sleep with someone carelessly. I broke up with my boyfriend of 7 years and I slept with ONE guy and I got it. I was so angry and upset, it felt so unfair. It felt like my life was over, I even told the guy he RUINED a my life. Until I found this website. I finally saw how the statistics are actually so staggering and that yes I was unlucky but it wasn't out of the question. I saw that it's not life threatening and that life has a lot more to offer. I had been working on getting back with my 7 year boyfriend, this was a huge roadblock at first, but now I have no she's of doubt of his love for me, because he's willing to stick with me through this and make sure I am ok. I feel so grateful for having him in my life, and I don't know what I'd do without him. This experience has also pulled me out of my comfort zone. I had been avoiding real life by reading fantasy fiction and watching movies and playing videogames even though I'm a full time working adult. I was afraid to cry and to feel vulnerable. Now, I'm exploring life, I'm reading books that make me cry (by the way I recommend Tuesdays with Morrie). Sorry about the bad writing but I hope you see some positive sides to this.

So glad to that you are being so positive about this! I'm all about staying positive and trying to find the silver lining or lesson in the pain we experience on this journey called life, and so I just want to say kudos for adopting the right attitude right from the start. It probably won't be happy sunshine all the time, but if you consciously choose to think positively and recognize and alter any negative behaviors and thoughts, you will live a much happier life. And this applies to anyone, having herpes or not. Here's a nice quote for you: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's learning to dance in the rain."

Keep smiling! :)

@SunflowerandherSun

Hello and Welcome!

WOW! Such a transformation in only 3 days! Go YOU!

Yes - sometimes we need something like this to help us to get a reality check ... sucks that it takes something like Herpes but then again, imagine going through your life holed up playing video games and hiding from LIVING!!!

Kudos to you! Thank you for sharing your story with us :)

(((HUGS)))