• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Protecting your H- partner with a barrier...

I've been meaning to start this discussion for the last few days. Then I read NeverDanced's "stupid question" and decided now would be a good time.

In the 28 years that I have been h+, I have taken a lot of pride in that I have never passed anything along to any of my h- partners. I attribute this to many things:

1. Paying attention to what my body is telling me - At the first indication of an OB, I begin a 7 day regiment of anti viral and upon completion, wait another 7 days before getting back in the game.

2. Wearing a condom - Although I have been in relationships where my h- partner trusted me to go without one, that I would do everything I could do to protect her, understanding that I could not make guarantees.

3. Grooming - While I agree that shaving is just better, I've maintained a short, thick growth over the years. My thinking here is that hair acts as a barrier, covering an area that the condom can't.

So before I start having sex "through the fly", I'd rather try this approach.

@FF1

I think #3 is one of the reasons H *seems* to be in the increase (I'd want to see any stats before I make claims on this one). While I actually love it when a guy is either clipped short or shaved, (and a little TMI ... I've never had a lot down there so it doesn't matter if I shave or not), there definitely is at least a small benefit to having that little hairy barrier between you ... AND the shaving often causes irritation that would allow the virus to gain entry ... thus exacerbating the situation :(