• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Listen to comprehend not just to respond

I didn't really take being diagnosed bad. I knew something was wrong, I just didn't know what... I've noticed outside of the forum it's easy to talk to someone about H who has had an STD before PERIOD. They aren't easily disgusted or terrified. They understand. I said if I ever gain the guts to tell someone besides my best friend they would have to be someone that listens to comprehend and not one that listens to respond. Those are the hardest people to get to understand what you're saying, feeling, what you mean. Having H gets better with time. After all the research, discussions, after coming to LET IT ALL OUT.. You'll feel a lot better. I have!

Well you can't really choose the people you work with or determine their attitudes, you also can't choose you're family. So even if you surround yourself with understanding and compassionate people, some of the most important people to us aren't always as understanding and compassionate as others.