• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What specifies an outbreak...

My first one was not too bad, just two blisters about 8 months ago but really bag leg and back pain. About a month ago I got the leg pain again and even though it felt like there should have been blisters there never were. I checked constantly and nothing ever popped up. Still the leg pain lasted about 2 weeks, and although there were no blisters there was a lot of general discomfort. Is this prodromal symptoms or was this an outbreak? Do people normally get "outbreaks" with no blisters? The second I felt the leg pain I doubled up on acyclovir though so I guess this may have had something to do with it...

I think what u felt might have been just prodromal symptons. Prodromes are what u feel right befor an o.b. and not always does an o.b. occure. So i think ur body is doing a great job at trying to keep it at bay!

Its quite possible this pain u feel is a prodrome and seeing as u doubled the meds when it happened and not o.b. occured, kinda proves that theory.

So basically from my understanding.... the virus has entered Through the skin. It then follows a or a couple nerves and then hides in the base of the spine. Then once and a while sometimes no reason, sometimes a trigger will upset it and it folloes through that save nerve in entered from back up. This is when u feel prodromes. And then a possible o.b. .... so if ur able to attavk the virus via meds, or lysine or w/e works for u, while u feel a prodrome, chances are the o.b. wont occure.

But when having prodromes, the virus is more easily transmittable just like with an o.b.

So just avoid sxy time when u feel prodromes!