• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

how to ask grandma not to kiss the grandbaby

My one year old sons grandma his dads mom has hsv1 I'm worried every time she kisses the baby she may be shedding and might pass hsv1 onto my beautiful little boy. How do I politely tell her to not kiss him or is it nessessary that I do? In a side note I have hsv down below not sure if its hsv1 or 2 I had it when I was pregnant does this hive my son any immunity to hsv?

Honey, I have HSV1 oral (Since I was 4) and I have never worried about kissing my children as long as I'm not having an outbreak...my daughters are 25 and 28 and my grandbaby is 3 ... none of them have got it from me. I'm having an OB right now so I tell my grandbaby that Grandma has a boo boo on my mouth so we can't kiss right now.

Odds are your kids could get HSV1 from other kids in school... 60% of all young people have HSV1 by the time they are young adults - some from a doting but uneducated person who is having an OB, but many from sharing drinks or lipstick or whatever with someone who is having an OB. I wouldn't panic about them getting it... just be cautious and ask Grandma to please just be careful if she thinks she's having an OB to not kiss then. :)