• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ocular Herpes

I was wondering if anyone had this? What are the symptoms?

When I was first diagnosed I had a few small bumps under one of my eyes and it was there for while. It went away, now that eye and my other one are red and itchy. It feels like there is pressure behind them as well. I don't know if this is similar to anyone else ... it came back with my other symptoms.

The vast majority of Ocular Herpes is in children because they get oral herpes and pick the scabs then immediately touch their eyes.

The problem with eyes is once you irritate them (ie, rubbing and scratching them) if you touch them again then they just get more irritated. Odds are very low you have it there ... if you are not sure, go to an eye Dr to get it checked out. They see this stuff in kids all the time :)

• 1 month later...

I know this is from last month, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents, as one of my jobs is in an optometry office. Ocular HSV-1 is common in children. It can still happen to adults, but it's much less common since we have better basic hygiene skills and more antibodies against the virus than children. As for ocular HSV-2, I'm not sure how common it is. I would assume it would be even less common. Many of the symptoms overlap with other conditions such as pink eye, so the only way to know for sure is to see a doctor.