• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Recent HSV2 Positive a few questions

Rj17

Hello all,

Read as much as I can but have a few questions.

Little background: Male, early 30ies. I tested positive for HSV2 Igg of 5.0. HSV1 was neg. No idea when or where i got it. I have never had an outbreak that was noticeable as herpes. Not saying I have not, I may have had a mild one but ignored it, been racking by brain but cant come up with anything.

So...

1) I understand that anything over 3.5 is a sure thing. I accept that, also understand that anything above 3.5 does not mean much. Is there no meaning at all about timing? No research at all? Not looking for an exact a 5-6 igg = 1-2 years. But there has to be some sort average, a bell curve of in general terms what these number mean, no? Any thoughts?

2) I get that this is transmitted skin to skin from infection point. How, with out any symptoms, or mild ones that I don't realize what they are can I be sure where the point is?

I understand that there is a 97-99% that is has to be down there somewhere and I am maybe going down the rabbit hole here but lacking an ob to test is there anyway to find out where this is? Again rabbit hole... and I get that its very rare but this can affect your mouth? No reason to think that, but would be nice to know. No tests with out a sore?

Thanks

@Rj17

Hello and Welcome!

The reason that anything above a 3.5 can't tell you anything is that a lot depends on your individual immune system.... some people just plain create a lot more antibodies than others ... once you get to a certain amount, "more" may or may not be needed depending on the other stressors in your life ;)

I get that this is transmitted skin to skin from infection point. How, with out any symptoms, or mild ones that I don't realize what they are can I be sure where the point is?

Unfortunately, the "downside" for being an asymptomatic carrier is not knowing for sure exactly where you have it. :( With HSV2, you can be 99% sure it's in the genital region, (only 1% of all oral Herpes is H2) but thats all. If you ALWAYS used condoms, odds are its in the boxer shorts region and not on your penis.

If you ever get any kind of "paper cut" type thing, blisters or pimples, get them swabbed within the first 2 days if possible ... especially with the mildness of your OB's, it will be really necessary to catch it at exactly the right time.