• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

question for the ladies

I have been experiencing vagina swelling after intercourse. I have read this is a part of having herpes. Looking back before my diagnosis this makes sense since I have been getting it for probably a month before I found out about my Lil side kick. So the question is can I do anything to stop or ease this. I guess an ice pack but any other things to do? Or is my findings wrong and this is not herpes related? Thank you

Yes - I didn't know it at the time but I often got that too. Problem was, I found I couldn't orgasm is things were too slippery so I definitely exacerbated things because we didn't use much lube.

I would try LOTS of lube and LOTS of foreplay ... and try not to have any really really rough sex for awhile or really long sex bouts ... over time it WILL settle down. I think I had that for about 6 months or a year - then it cleared up...

And yeah - cold wash cloths were my friend for awhile afterwards :p

He was literally laughing at me waddle to the bathroom. I was like omg this is the most it has ever swollen.. I do use lube I'll try more tho. Cant hurt until it turns into a slip n slide. Wow its funny to think all these signs and I never thought it was H.. Il try the cold wash cloth I usually just walk funny to bed then hope by morning I'm normal again. Thank you

Lmao. That's the walk.... before I found about h. It would swell I cried cuz I thought it was going to stay like that. Lol when u tell kids not to make funny faces or it will get stuck like that. Yep that's how I felt. Beat red & looking like I had flap Jacks down there.