• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Opportunity weekend locations and training?

Are there other locations for opportunity weekends, such as bay area or LA, california? Otherwise, i am interested in organizing a support group or meetup in my area, both to support others, and myself, as i currently know no one else who has it (or more likely, who knows they have it). Any suggestions (ie via planned parenthood, meetup, etc)?

Thanks

At the moment, no, there are no H Opp weekends outside of NC :( . At some point @Adrial hopes to train more of us to run the weekends in other areas.

There are likely already some support groups in your area ... we have some listed here:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-support-groups/

If they are not close enough, contact them and see if they know of any others.

One thing you have to be careful of if you organize a support group is that it HAS to be guided in a way that helps to inform and support people, so it doesn't devolve into a pity party of people talking about nothing but how bad their OB's are and how much life sucks. Look at most chat groups around H and you will see that many threads, if not all, devolve into concentrating on the negative ... and that doesn't support anyone in their healing and growth ;)

Planned Parenthood would be a good place to start if you do start a support group though. They often have various group support systems in place.