• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Trying to be good parent and dealing in first month!

This has been the hardest thing for me.I can take pain.being a good parent is hard enough and I felt I was doing a great job at it. All I want is to be happy again a feel like the same person I was.I know that her being heathy is only thing that matters. First thinking we are going to give it to the baby somehow? Still freaking me out not as much that I have talked with Wcd dancer .now just trying to be the happiest person in the world for what I have, my two girls. My wife that somehow still loves me from all the shit I have done and the prettiest lil girl you have ever seen! I plan on coming out of this a better husband and dad it's just super hard at the moment.I hate it took something like this to open my eyes.my wife keeps reminding me that so many worse things in life and were going to be fine. Women are way stronger than us guys!

Blame and Shame are sadly one of the consequences of having an "advanced" human brain. As humans we are likely to make a number of mistakes in our lives (often again, thanks to our "advanced" brain because we can justify our actions at the time). The GOOD thing is that we can also use this advanced brain to choose to learn to become better people from our mistakes.

A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.

John C. Maxwell

Perhaps this links will help you through this a bit :)

Shame: The Swampland of the soul....

If we can quiet it (shame) down and walk in and say "I'm going to do this" we look up and the critic that we see pointing and laughing 99% of the time is who? US! .... Shame drives two big tapes... "Never good enough" ... and if you can talk it out of that one .. "Who do you think you are?

Shame