• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Write to CBS to do a segment on herpes

I was watching CBS This Morning and there was a segment about mental illness and its negative stigma. They said 1 in 4 people will suffer from mental illness at some point in their life. I couldn't help but be selfish and relate these facts back to me having herpes.

I wrote a letter to CBS and told them they should do a segment on STDs, specifically HSV 1 and 2, because almost the whole population already carries a form of the virus, and yet there is still a negative stigma. I feel like getting some positive light in the media might be ground breaking for us and hopefully could be a start to changing the stigma.

I have convinced myself if they get enough requests they may actually do a story on what herpes is really like, and replace the lies and stigma about the virus. If anyone else has the time and wants to attempt to put herpes on a positive platform give it a try ! :D

It's certainly worth a try... I myself have written to several well known personalities who deal with difficult topics ... unfortunately so far it's all fallen on deaf ears :(

If you can give the contact details, who knows what will happen ... BUT ... be careful ... because I've seen some really bad reporting where H is concerned ... it all depends on the bias of the reporter and their willingness to look at ALL the facts and not just the drama and stigma ...

It is my hope that we can get the word out through the media some day soon ... but I personally am trying to get a few ducks in a row first so I might have at least *some* control of the content that they report .... ;)