• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is painful swallowing or a sore throat a herpes symptom?

Painful swallowing could be a number of things. If it doesn't go away in a day or two you should have it looked at and if there's any lesions, ask to get them swabbed. It's possible that the lymph glands are just chipping in to fight the virus (basically removing the fall-out from the antibodies killing the virus).

I suggest you gargle with salt water (try warm... cool might feel better though) ... and take some immune boosting supplements like L-Lysine, Airborne (I prefer the chewable so I can suck on them and let the stuff go right on the throat when I have a cold), and a GOOD yogurt that has truly LIVE cultures (usually best if the dairy is local ... they don't have to process as much) to help keep the flora in the area in balance.