• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

sex after herpes diagnosis in December

Well, certainly your body is adjusting to the virus and you are learning your prodromes, so that makes you a bit more of a risk ... but if you are on anti-virals and you use condoms, and you are careful to not have sex with any obvious symptoms/OB's... use reasonable hygienic post sex, and use common sense, and your risk shouldn't be a whole lot more than it would be in a few more months...

Are your OB's "under control"? (Ie, not constant and somewhat spaced out) ... That helps a lot too ... because then you will learn your prodromes and can catch things early ...

And of course, there's non=penetrative sexual play :)

http://herpeslife.com/keeping-your-partner-herpes-free-can-be-super-sexy/

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/5807/list-the-ways-to-protect-my-partner-from-getting-herpes-hsv2 Safe alternatives to sex

@wcsdancer2010 I've only had one OB in December I noticed two small like cuts when I was off meds and you said those are paper cut obs. I haven't had any actual ob since I started my acyclovir a few weeks ago.

. I only notice tingling when I sit and lay on my back " you told me that the tingling from laying on my back is probably nerves not herpes". I'm wondering g if the tingling could be from my jeans as well since I like my pants to have a snug fut.

I'm wondering if I should wait a little longer to have sex. How many months should I wait post initial ob to have sex to lessen the risk to my partner?

Well yes - tight pants not only may be cutting off the blood/nerve flow, they may also help the virus as it LOVES warm, dark, moist places with little air flow ;)

As for not having sex... if you seem to be able to control it with the anti-virals and you are starting to get to know your symptoms and prodromes (like the paper cut OB's) then you are reaching a point where you can start having sex "with caution" - make sure you use condoms (the FC2 Female Condom may give you more peace of mind as it gives better coverage) and plenty of lube ... and it doesn't hurt to have your partner wash off afterwards just for safety's sake....

Certainly you will shed more in the first year, but the biggest factor in not spreading the virus BY FAR is knowing your symptoms and knowing that you need to use precautions to protect a partner .... ;)