• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hmm what to do

I was diagnosed with HSV2 by swab during my first and so far only OB (knock on wood) in November. I had a blood antibody test which came back negative immediately after the positive swab. I started my antivirals the next day. I just got the second blood test results back. Negative for HSV1. Positive for 2. I knew this. I didn't doubt this. Although my OB wasn't severe the prodrome symptoms were. I've accepted and am at peace with my status. Here's the thing, my bf of a year and a half went to planned parenthood and got tested shortly after I did. They told him he was negative but would provide no other info. I haven't been with anyone else since we started dating in Oct 2013 so I either picked it up from him or from my last partner before him. My doc originally said she expected I'd test positive for 1&2 with as mild as my outbreak was. Then she said she figured bf passed it on to me bc I would have tested positive for the antibodies if I'd had it before my first OB. Kaiser labs don't report the actual IgG number to the doctor or patient so I don't have that and again the only info my bf has is that planned parenthood says he was negative, however I've read that many places will tell you that you are negative despite what the antibody test says if you have not had an OB. They consider you "exposed" but we all know you are still carrying, shedding and able to pass it on. I don't want to put blame on bf. It really doesn't matter. But I want to have a convo with him to update him. Any suggestions?

He (AND you) have EVERY RIGHT to the FULL REPORT on your testing. I would contact the labs and ask them for a printout copy of all the reports... I always tell people that they should always get a copy of any and all tests that they ever have done. Sometimes you just have to take a stand and tell them you won't stop bothering them until you get what you want :p

So - you have a pickle because someone either doesn't know how to read the report or someone isn't telling the whole truth. And I'm sure that if PP told your BF that he was he's just happy to accept that rather than get more details.

I think the best thing is to see if you can get copies of all the results, then we can help you build a picture of what's likely going on.

And No, they won't tell you you are negative if you are over 1.1 on the test ... BUT that is a "low positive" and we don't consider a blood test on an anymptomatic person to be accurate below 3.5. So that's why you need all your tests ... to see those numbers and see if there's something that would help you to make at least an educated guess about what is going on here

(((HUGS)))

Thanks WCSDancer2010. I will go back and push for my full report. I'm certainly frustrated that I should have to but you are correct. I have the right to have a copy.

Bf will take a little more work. He's much more capable of just accepting and not burning energy on something he thinks he can't fix. That can be very frustrating but also very helpful for me as I tend to over think and over stress over things. I'll keep pushing until I get what I am do!