• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

hemorrhoids or herpes ... how to tell the difference?

I've been constipated lately and when I go pooi get small tears that bleed a little. Nothing on the outside just a little irritation right on the bum hole. It's like the little skin right on the hole that's red and itches a little. This happened to be a lot before H so now I'm just nervous and don't know what's what. How can I tell the difference??

It's tough to tell the difference unfortunately. I get both and it's often unclear which one I am having. I find that the OB goes away much faster than the hemorrhoids. That said, it's also possible to have them both at the same time. The bleeding is typically more related to the hemorrhoids but there is no way to say for sure! Sorry, I don't have any answers for you but I do have the same problem ;)

@shocked80

you can have them even if you don't have anal sex. The virus could have travelled at the initial infection while wiping but herpes is an infection of the nerves so the OB can erupt in different locations along the nerve ending. I know a lot of people tend to get the Ob's in the same spot all the time but mine travels..... tailbone, anus, labia..... list goes on. any connected nerve cluster in the genital area seems to be game for me! you can try a suppository and if it helps it feel better and go away, it was likely a hemmorhoid :)